Welcome to Stockton! Even though your first order of business probably isn’t making new friends – you’ll soon be ready to start getting settled into the community. As your preferred Stockton moving company, let us give you a few quick and easy ways to connect with people in your new town:
Meetup.com: Meetup.com is a website that helps people, with similar interests, find each other and organize meet-ups. Groups in the Stockton area include:
· Stockon’s Women Social Group
· Central Valley Travel Club
· Successful Thinkers
· Women’s Business Group
· San Joaquin Hikers
· Stockton Conservatives Meet-up Group
· And more!
If you’re interested in meeting new people or joining a group, here is what you can do:
1. Go to: http://meeting-new-people.meetup.com/cities/us/ca/stockton/
2. Search for groups by topic
3. Find a group and check the ‘meetups’ tab to see the group’s next event
4. Click into the event
5. Click “Join Us”
6. An e-mail will be sent to the administrator
7. Sometimes you must fill out an application or information about yourself – sometimes you’ll be automatically accepted
You can then post a comment to the event page or send out information about yourself to the group, so they have some background on you before you arrive. Offer information about when you moved to the area and why you’re interested in joining the group.
When you attend a Meetup – be open-minded and try to introduce yourself to everyone throughout the night. Ask questions like:
1. When did you move to the Stockton area?
2. How long have you been a part of this group?
3. What do you like most about being a member of the group?
4. What kinds of activities will the group do throughout the year?
5. What do you like about living in Stockton?
But, above all else – just enjoy yourself. Meeting new people can be intimidating, but in this type of setting, it can also be a lot of fun!