If your Seattle Movers are helping you relocate in early March, St. Patrick's Day will give you a good excuse to get out and familiarize yourself with the vibrant Northwest city. Here are five ways to get the most out of your St. Patty's Day excursion in the Seattle-Tacoma area.
- Start off your day with a plate of corned beef hash, eggs Benedict, potato bread and perhaps a pint of Guinness or green beer at Fado's Irish Pub & Restaurant on First Avenue in Seattle. This venue frequently hosts live performances, so it wouldn't be a surprise for the owners to book bands for the entire day.
- Since drinking coffee and outdoor recreation are two activities people from Seattle take seriously, you might as well enjoy a steamy cup at the locally-renowned Tilikum Place Café before participating in the 23rd Annual Henry Weinhard's St. Patrick's Day Dash, which begins a few blocks north of the coffee shop and runs along Broad Street.
- One event that will surely satisfy the children is St. Patrick's Day at the Zoo, which takes place at the Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium in Tacoma. There will be regular sessions of watching animals eating green enrichment treats and playing with green toys.
- If you'd rather spend most of the day listening to authentic Celtic music while enjoying your favorite Irish drink, the St. Patrick's Day Bash with Tillers Folley (popular Irish folk band) at the Auburn Avenue Theater might be the best event for you.
- There's practically no better way to become familiar with the local bar scene than by taking part in Seattle's Happy Hour Saint Patty’s Pub Crawl.