If you’ve just watched your Jacksonville moving company pull out of the driveway, you might not be ready to head off on a spring break vacation. If you and your family are considering a staycation this spring, check out our quick tips for how you can make your upcoming vacation at home a success.
- Make a List: Host a family meeting and ask everyone if they have things they would like to do during their week off. Don’t limit it to things that require you to leave the house, maybe you’ve always wanted to camp out in the backyard or bake Grandma’s famous seven-layer cake, but haven’t had the time. By creating a list of things everyone can get excited about, you can start narrowing down ideas into a week-long agenda.
- Research: Since you might be new to Jacksonville, you will want to do some research on events that might be happening during spring break week. Ask your neighbors, locals and check the Web. Sites like http://experiencejax.com/ will provide you with some ideas that you might not have otherwise considered.
- Think Like a Local: As you research events going on in Jacksonville, be sure to note things that are unique to Jacksonville. Find things to do, that you couldn’t do anywhere else in the world. From the beaches to fishing and museums, be sure you take in the local flavor of your new city.
- Look for Deals: Since you’ll be keeping it local all week, think about setting a budget for the week. Make it a game to find coupons and deals throughout the week. Check out this list of things you can do for under $10: http://www.visitjacksonville.com/family-travel/section/affordable-activities.
- Do Something New: As the saying goes, “do something every day that scares you.” Why not take a step out of your comfort zone and conquer a fear. Swim with a dolphin, eat a clam or take a scuba diving lesson…whatever you do, remember to make memories with your family and enjoy your week off.